Saturday, October 29, 2011

The Power of God


The other day, my brother sent me this picture. At first, I had no idea what was going on for those paper clips to be standing on end, unsupported. It looked like some kind of trick. After reading his explanation, I realized that it was very easy to understand. He was touring the US Magnesium Plant, and they showed them how strong the magnetic field was near the electrolytic cells.
I'm not sure what those are, but I do understand how magnets work, and the amazing "unseen" power that comes from magnetic fields. He said that those paperclips would only point in one direction, toward the source of power. It made me think of another "unseen" power. The power of God. His power is real. We feel it. We cannot see it, but we can see the effects of it. God is truth. He will never lead us astray. Like those paperclips, we can use prayer to find direction in our lives.

As we keep ourselves pointed towards God, just as these paperclips are pointed towards the magnet, He will support us and keep us standing tall.

1 comment:

  1. Nice picture :) Great analogy too. When we have the eyes to see and ears to ear, we notice that all things denote there is a God.

    ReplyDelete